The Ritual Tome, named Gishiki no Sho: Hitobashira (Ritual Book: Human Sacrifice) in Japanese, is an old book found in Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly and Fatal Frame II: Deep Crimson Butterfly. The book is one in a set of five tomes about village customs. The Ritual Tome describes the Hidden Ceremony, a second ritual performed separately from the Crimson Sacrifice Ritual to calm the Hellish Abyss.
Fatal Frame IIEdit
- "If the ✱ rumbles on a year without the ceremony, a Kusabi is needed.
- A Kusabi is an outsider, made into a Buddha, and offered to the ✱.
- The more they suffer, the greater the calming of the ✱."
Fatal Frame II: Deep Crimson ButterflyEdit
- In the years when there is no Crimson Sacrifice, the ✱ grumbles with dissatisfaction, and must be satisfied with a Kusabi.
- A Kusabi must be one from outside Minakami Village, and must be prepared in a ritual before being presented to the ✱.
- The more suffering a Kusabi endures, the greater the extent to which the ✱ is appeased.