The Disaster Tome, known in Japanese as Gishiki no Sho: Saiyaku (Ritual Book: Disaster), is an old book found in Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly. The Disaster Tome is one in a set of five ceremonial books found in the Master's Room in the Kurosawa House. It describes the reasons behind the rituals of All God's Village and the consequences of their failure.
The tome, along with the four others, is used to solve the Tome Puzzle in the Master's Room to obtain the Light Key. The word that is emphasized in the Disaster Tome is "Repentance (償)," and it is highlighted red.
- "If the ritual is not performed, the ✱ will open.
- In human wretches shall burst forth from the ✱,
- villagers will be engulfed by the ✱,
- and the sky will be plunged into darkness.
- We must think of this disaster as a repentance
- for our failure to fulfill our duty to the ✱,
- which grants us life.
- We must accept that this is the reason for our existence."