The Disaster Tome, known in Japanese as Gishiki no Sho: Saiyaku (Ritual Book: Disaster), is an old book found in Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly and Fatal Frame II: Deep Crimson Butterfly. The Disaster Tome is one in a set of five ceremonial books found in the Master's Room in the Kurosawa House. It describes the reasons behind the rituals of All God's Village and the consequences of their failure.
The tome, along with the four others, is used to solve the Tome Puzzle in the Master's Room to obtain the Light Key. The word that is emphasized in the Disaster Tome is "Repentance (償)," and it is highlighted red.
Fatal Frame IIEdit
- "If the ritual is not performed, the ✱ will open.
- In human wretches shall burst forth from the ✱,
- villagers will be engulfed by the ✱,
- and the sky will be plunged into darkness.
- We must think of this disaster as a repentance
- for our failure to fulfill our duty to the ✱,
- which grants us life.
- We must accept that this is the reason for our existence."
Fatal Frame II: Deep Crimson ButtferlyEdit
- "When the ceremony is not held, the ✱ is unsealed, and a great calamity will occur.
- The ✱ will overflow with inhuman beings, swallowing all around it and sealing the sky with darkness.
- The darkness shall engulf the land for generations.
- We must learn that these calamities are our penance for failing to fulfil our duties to the ✱.
- We must learn that these duties are the very reason for our existence."