The Crimson Wing Tome, known in Japanese as Gishiki no Sho: Akakibane (Ritual book: Crimson Wings), is an old book collected in Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly and Fatal Frame II: Deep Crimson Butterfly. The tome is one in a series of five books found in the Kurosawa House regarding the village traditions. The Crimson Wing Tome speaks of the Crimson Butterfly, and how they bless the village.
The Crimson Wing Tome is also required to solve the Tome Puzzle in the Master's Room to obtain the Light Key. The key word highlighted in this tome is "Crimson Butterflies (in Japanese versions simply 蝶, butterflies)," and is written in red.
Fatal Frame IIEdit
- Shrine Maidens of the past and future, made into Crimson Butterflies,
- return from the ✱, as guardians of the village.
- Those that become butterflies ascend to heavens, parting the skies
- above, inviting the light upon us.
Fatal Frame II: Deep Crimson ButterflyEdit
- "The second maiden marks the first maiden with a crimson butterfly, who returns from the ✱ to watch over our village.
- The maiden who becomes a butterfly ascends to heaven, its wings opening the skies and bringing light wherever it goes."